Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day: My Dad


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

my first time on a chopper - with Dad in red and my godfather in the leather jacket - circa 1963/64

Although my father passed away 14 years ago, I still carry him in my heart and think of him often.

Many people don't know that I am, in fact, a junior. Robert Drake Sr. was born in 1939 and was always the rebel. A lot of my personality comes from my father - he was into music and the radio industry and, after my parents divorced when I was 6, he remained a bachelor - living the independent life as wonderfully as he could. Although connected to his brother's family tree, my father's family was comprised of his circle of friends; just like me.

He was always there to help others - he made some incredible friends while hanging at a bar and was respectful of those that showed him respect. He was a biker, a mechanic, an event promoter, a showman, and a loyal friend to many.

I am proud to carry on many of his traits in my day to day life.

So Happy Father's Day Dad... I'm sure you're pretty proud of me too.

No comments: