Thursday, May 11, 2006

The BB in 3D


OH MY GOD.

This week I received an email from longtime friend Natasha - who continues to be quite the staple in Philly's nightlife scene [currently hosting Karaoke Blvd @ Pure aka The 2-4 Club, aka The DCA] as well as making quite a name as a web designer for nightclubs and more.

Natasha was best known from her stint at the Black Banana with Coco around 1989 and into the 1990s. Well, she recently began experimenting with 3-D software for web design and one thing led to another and she has created an incredible tribute site to the Banana ... complete with a 3-D recreation of the entire club and, goddamnit ... she GOT IT!

I literally got goosebumps as I clicked on the MOVIE and was taken from the front entrance all the way through the club's two floors and memories of some great times rushed through my head.

Even if you never experienced the Black Banana, this site is a neat trip. Please check it out and spread the word. This is truly a labor of love for Natasha and I, for one, am greatful that she felt the need to create such a wonderful tribute site to a great nightclub in Philadelphia's history.

BTW, when you get to the first screen - you need to simply register (which will give you simple email notices when the site is updated) and then, once you get inside, bookmark that first inner page ... this way you bypass the 'sign up' entrance page.

Are you ready????

http://www.theblackbanana.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- this is really cool! I remember the Kennel club too. I love this trip back in time- thank you!

~Liz

ACG said...

how old do I feel...
I still have my old Black Banana membership cards.