Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Help Us Help Others

This October, my partner John and I are joining thousands of others to help raise money in AIDS Walk Philly.

As many of you know, for over a quarter-century AIDS has been part of my world in one form or another, starting with my friend Richard - who was struck down with a rare pneumonia in early 1982. Since then, I (along with countless others) have lost too many friends and loved ones from this horrific pandemic.

With recent attention and money being diverted away from the fight against AIDS and the support for those living with HIV/AIDS - I felt that now was the right time to step up and walk ... not only for the hundreds of friends that I've lost but for those I've never met that continue to live each day with pride and comfort, knowing that there are people and organizations out there who care.

So - please take a moment and make a contribution.

It's painless and you'll be doing your part to help us help others.
The Philadelphia AIDS Fund supports HIV/AIDS education, prevention, and services in the Delaware Valley region. Currently 30 partner organizations are receiving funding as a result of AIDS Fund’s activities to provide critical HIV prevention education and care services. AIDS Walk Philly is the Delaware Valley’s largest annual HIV/AIDS public awareness and fund raising event.

Click the shoe below to go directly to our pledge page and click the Donate Now, found underneath our Total Left To Raise.

Advance thanks for your support!





http://www.phillyaidswalk.com/walk/participant.php?id=146141

No comments: