Monday, September 08, 2008

All The Way Live

So - one of the benefits (curses?) of being involved with someone whose passion for music is even stronger than mine, is that we are squeezing every opportunity to catch some live concerts this fall ... Lord help me in my quest for beauty rest!

I thought I'd share the upcoming list for those interested and to organize my brain!

Tomorrow we hope to check out our friend Shari of Void Vision at the M Room; next Tuesday we head to the Troc to see James (followed by a 4am wake-up to fill in for the Morning News shift!); Saturday the 20 we're at the TLA to catch The Dandy Warhols; the following night it's back to the Troc to check out Built To Spill with the Meat Puppets (weee!); on Tuesday the 23 we head up to NYC for a rare chance to see My Bloody Valentine live on stage; Saturday the 27 I host the return of Puppet Karaoke in Chinatown (actual puppets singing rock songs!); Sunday the 28 is the 2nd annual Philly Zombie Prom at the Troc - which I co-produce each fall.

After a short pause - on October 1 it's back to the Troc to catch Stereolab and then Sex Dwarf at Fluid on on October 3 - October 5 we head over to the Electric Factory to see Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds!

October 8 we travel back to the Troc (I really should just get my mail forwarded there!) for a great live show from The Residents; October 10 we're up in Fishtown to catch WIRE at Johnny Brenda's - and then Sunday, October 12 we head to Glenside PA to the Keswick Theatre for a rare concert with the incredible Alison Moyet - we saw her in her YAZ concert in NYC back in July - wonderful! On Wednesday, October 15 I will be doing sound/lights at a special performance by The Dumpsta Players at Fluid Nightclub - a fun night indeed.

On Saturday, October 25 we head over to the Merriam Theater to see The Magnetic Fields - then there's a breather - but Halloween does offer the just-booked Sisters of Mercy show at the Troc as well as Of Montreal at the Electric Factory - and November 8 we're seeing David Byrne at the Tower Theatre; November 15 it's Kings Of Leon at the Electric Factory and to start off Thanksgiving week on Sunday, November 23 is Ingrid Michaelson, Newton Falkner and David Ford at the TLA ... we love those three!

Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

brandy101 said...

OMG, I am sort of chuckling about Sisters of Mercy on HALLOWEEN! What a PERFECT combo!

Sounds like my social calendar when I was a late teen/early 20s college radio DJ...

Have fun!